Splitting the wood is a hard task with the use of the traditional or manual wood splitters as the process is time consuming as well as wearisome. Thus, it is advisable to make use of advanced wood splitters for the purpose. Purchasing a wood splitter can be a hard decision to take as you have numerous options available to you. Different models of wood splitters are available in the market and each of it has its own beneficial feature. Thus, selecting the right one looks like an impossible task. However, at first you must decide between the types of wood splitter you want to purchase that is electric or gas wood splitter. To resolve your query, you can visit the site Splitting Wood.
Pros and cons of electric wood splitter
- Electric wood splitters can be used in almost every area in the house including porch, outdoor, indoor etc. However, you need to have proper electricity connection in that area.
- These wood splitters offers low maintenance cost as you are not required to add fuel, oil etc. on regular basis as well as you also need not to service the engine.
- One of the best parts of the electric splitters is that they do not make much noise while splitting the wood. Thus, in the process neither your family nor your neighbors have to bear the disturbing noise.
- These wood splitters offer good portability option as well as are quite light in weight.
- Electric wood splitter can be your budget splitters as they are quite less expensive in comparison to the gas powered wood splitters.
- Electric wood splitters are quite less powerful in comparison to gas wood splitters. These splitters are not viable for too heavy log.
- You need to be close to an electrical outlet for using these splitters or you need to make use of generator for using these splitters in remote area.
- These splitters also have small log capacity.
Gas powered wood splitters
These wood splitters are viable option if you are required to cut wood for commercial purpose, as these splitters are quite powerful and support heavy tons as well as have high log capacity. Thus, these splitters can serve you best with commercial work. In addition, you do not need any outlet for performing your job. However these wood splitters are quite expensive option as well as produce loud noise while operating. In addition you also need to add fuel, oil etc. on regular basis. These wood splitters are quite heavy in size and thus, it is quite hard to transport these splitters every now and then.