Different types of water heater are now available in the market. Most of the people don’t know about the functions and features of these different water heaters so it is a bit confusing for them to select the right heater which is suitable for their requirement. If you want to install the water heater in your house, you can take help from http://www.advplumbingandheating.co.uk. Here you will find best plumbing and heating services.
Important factors to consider
If you want to buy a water heater, first of all you have to consider which type of water heater you need. Some water heaters run with the help of electricity and some with gas.
- Gas water heaters – Gas water heaters are quite expensive but the advantage is that they are not affected by power fluctuations. They require proper venting and combustion. They require less operating cost also.
- Electric water heater- They are generally cheaper than the gas water heaters. Their maintenance is easy. There is no requirement for venting or combustibles. They heat up the water very quickly.
Apart from this, you also have to consider the functions of water heater. According to the functions, there are different types of water heaters:
- Storage Tank water heaters – This type of heater is having a tank in its unit. It heats up the water and constantly stores it into the water tank. The efficiency of these heaters depends on their fuel sources, brands and models.
- Tank less water heaters – These water heaters are expensive than the storage tank water heaters. They do not require floor space as you can hang them on the wall. They help to reduce the consumption of energy. These water heaters require proper ventilation to operate.
- Solar water heater – As the name suggests, solar water heaters work with the help of solar energy. It has one collector which needs to be kept on the roof. This collector absorbs the sun’s heat and then transfers it to the water heater system for heating the water. Solar water heaters are best for the sunny and warm areas. They work efficiently in summer season.
You have to consider the capacity of the water heater if you want to buy it for your house. Capacity can be estimated by the amount of heated water it can provide. Supposing if there are 3 to 4 people in your family, 80 to 86 gallons per day will be sufficient for three showers, running dishwasher one time, turning the faucet on for 9 times, and one time laundry.
Apart from capacity and functions of the water heater, you should also consider the space requirement. Each and every type of water heater is different in size. Some require large space while some don’t require. You can select according to your needs.